Pitch your film idea and be in to win
Do you have a great idea for a film or need funding to get your film made, or do you have a story you absolutely have to tell? If so, PITCH-SLAP is for you.
PITCH-SLAP was created to support experienced and emerging film makers to bring their ideas to the big screen. With the help of New Zealand Film Commission and Te Māngai Pāho we are offering Māori and Indigenous New Zealand based film makers aged 18 years or older the opportunity to pitch their film idea to industry executives and be in to win up to $10,000 prize money.
All Industry or student pass holders are eligible to register for Pitch-Slap.
1. All entrants must complete the PITCH-SLAP registration below. Registration is mandatory and will close Friday 24th November at 5pm.
2. PITCH-SLAP is open to all Māori and Indigenous New Zealand based directors and writers, experienced and emerging aged 18 years old and over.
3. All short films funded by Pitch-Slap will be produced by Steambox Film Collective and can involve mentorship for an emerging Producer.
4. Your short film must be prepared and/or ready to film (or edit).
5. You must submit your script, treatment and budget with your Pitch-Slap registration.
6. You must be available to pitch your film to the judges on Saturday 25th November at 2pm.
7. Your pitch will be no longer than 5 minutes and allow 3 minutes for questions.
8. Judges decisions are final.
9. Winners are required to contact one of our Festival Directors Mike Jonathan or Lara Northcroft within the a month to discuss the making of your short film, or forfeit the winning to another Pitch-Slap candidate.
Judges may select one or more winners and allocate the prize money to each of the winners as they deem fit. The Pitch-Slap winner or winners will be announced at the Cocktail Function Saturday 25th November